Hello, I am Robert G. Male.
Welcome to WraithStop. Here you will find links that I think are of interest.
Furthermore these are links that I want to keep track of because they have given me either ideas or some other form of
inspiration for my writing. Links are listed in order lowest to highest both in the date they are given and the order
in which they appear (meaning: read them from the bottom up for a certain day's list). Some of these sites may require
you to sign up for free. Without further ado, the links...
August 27, 2008
3) Christopher L. Balzano "Alosa1066"'s Amazon Blog: The Pukwudgie Guy
Tags: history, legend, lore, murder,
Native Americans, shadow people, trolls, watchers.
- Here are some tales of a legendary race from Native American history and some modern encounters--not to mention
a book plug, but it was the book that led to this blog's discovery. The collision of the historical framing of the legend and the events
of the legend are interesting. It must be something to not only see something unnatural but for it to be so steeped in lore.
2) Goldfield Hotel
Tags: conflicting stories, ghosts,
haunted, hotel, inspiration, legend.
- Beyond being a very classic tale of haunting, one that could have--not that it might have, but Goldfield and
its extravagance match the Overlook--influenced stories from "The Shining" to "Hell Asylum" (a real B if not working toward Z movie),
this haunted site boasts one of the few portals to the Other Side as this and other articles term it. Looking at other websites
yeilds a lot of refutation of the hauntings histories, but that doesn't deter the value the stories have to inspiration for those
writing in the darker genres.
Tags: bio-chemical, brain, brain implants,
dream, knowledge, life blogging, memories,
neurochemistry, science, technology, volunteers.
- This company deals with science, and technology toward the goal of copying and storing human memories.
They have the lofty goal of being able relive those stored memories at any chosen time. The horrific fruit born of the dark side
of this idea are both thrilling and chilling. See also the entry for this site at
August 20, 2008
3) Haunted hard drive? Storage firm promotes ghost detector
Tags: bio-feedback, entities, ghosts,
haunted, lunar-cycle, paranormal, sensors,
- What is said on other sites with bad links/missing pictures... The device itself seems to be quite complex,
with an array of sensors and alert lights, as well as a very complex algorithm for detecting the paranormal which analyses the
sensor data, factors in biometric feedback from your skin, makes lunar-cycle adjustments and many other things. For the most part
the sensors take in information dealing with unusual magnetic waves in the room. While in use, the gadget beeps in rhythm, and
the lights are activated depending on the situation. The volume and intensity of the beeps indicates how close your ghost is. The
lights are used to help you determine the ghost's position, the ghost's movement, and the risk possibilities.
2) The Top 10 Reasons Clowns Are Scary
- LOL at the I Can Haz... picture.
1) 1946: "GHOST ROCKETS" OVER SCANDINAVIA
Tags: aliens, government, inexplicable,
military, panic, phenomena, politics,
- It is not often (enough) that UFOs are seen in a horrific light, even given some of the descriptions of
their occupants and their literally alien nature. This particular bit of ufological history isn't necessarily interesting for its
UFO content, or its lack of, but for the panic caused, beyond the norm for such phenomena, due to the political climate and the
recent past that clouds the issue.
August 13, 2008
3) Blairsden Archive
Tags: conflicting stories, ghosts,
haunted, legend, mansion.
- On the history page linked to from this archive is not only the the history of the Blairsden property
in New Jersey, but also several theories about the hauntings of the place and the potential history that lead to the appearance
of that ghost or ghosts. I have no looked at the Stories page beyond seeing that it personal accounts about the location, nor
did I look at the photos yet.
2) OLE fire fighting beetle to the fore
Tags: amok, creepy, killing, murder,
robots, science, technology,
- What happens when an autonomous robot runs amok? What if it is designed to put out fires and somehow
in classic sci-fi/horror movie fashion decides that a careful camper's fire is a killing offense? What if it just plain decides
people are too high temperature to be left alone? Silly in the real world, but great fiction fodder I reckon.
1) Germany plans 'cemetery pyramid'
Tags: ashes, cemetery, crypt, death,
funeral, funerary, Germany, graves,
human remains, mausoleum, necromancy, place of rest,
- Pyramid mania strikes again... or perhaps this bit sparked off the other instances. People it seems are
not even content to be dead in the traditional manners of the modern world and seek to revive the past, but not the way the people
of history did things, no, today's people want to put a twist on it. In light of today's 'Horror On Hump Day' blog at R.G. Male's
Dark Corners Anatomy of a Horror Setting
#2-11 *Dun-dun* Zombie Love imagine what power a necromancer might gain from a pyramid made of human ashes/remains.
August 06, 2008
3) Haunted Hamilton
Tags: ghosts, haunted, tour.
- This site is the web presence of a group that holds ghost tours in Hamilton and other nearby locations
in southern Ontario, Canada.
2) Sixth foot washes up in B.C. BC, Canada
also Third right foot discovered in Gulf Islands BC, Canada
also Woman finds human foot on shore of Ottawa River ON, Canada
Tags: bodies, corpses, DNA, murder,
mystery, police, serial killer, severed.
- It's been a grisly year thus far with the appearance of all these body parts. The most confusing part of this, what
can only be called phenomena, is that only one of the B.C. feet has been a left, all the rest are right feet. It is apparently not uncommon
for the feet to come lose of the rest of the leg of a body in the water, but that there should be so many discovered in such a relatively
short time. This is coupled with the fact that the easiest explanation involving a private plane crash in the area doesn't fit since the DNA is
not a match.
1) FBI wants widespread monitoring of 'illegal' Internet activity
Tags: Big Brother, crime, government,
law, Orwell, privacy, warranted.
- Here is another Big Brother style look at the FBI. Things seem out of proportion though as the activity being
looked after is all machine code and not really anything that a normal person would consider private. It should be identifiable as either
normal traffic or criminal. It is also without other measures being involved unidentifiable to a person. This is all never mind the fact
that it involves firstly government controlled sections of the net as evinced by the linking of this initiative with the Einstein
program described in Congress worries that .gov monitoring will spy on
Americans at TechStop
Looking for something less dark? Try our sister site "TechStop"
Tag ListTitle List
R.M.T.P. Co. is a company dedicated to quality Web products without all of the unnecessary hype. Our products speak for themselves. Down to earth, easy, usable, these are the principles we believe in.