Come learn the art of 3D computer generated art and animation. This blog deals with the lessons learned and the art created by Robert G. Male using DazStudio from Daz3D.
Also covered are the ancillary software, tools, techniques, and processes needed both before and after rendering in the 3D software.
The truth must finally be told. I am not what people think I am. In fact I don't even exist in the same realms of existence, and spheres of influence as the rest of you do. For the real me, click here... The Real Me
I added two pictures to my gallery. I blogged about them a couple times back. The pictures are titled "Background on Cube" and "Background Post Work". The first is with the background right in Daz3D, the other I added it to the picture in Paintshop Pro. The background is the same image both times, but as I said something happens in Daz. Oh well.
I upgraded to the new Daz3D 1.7.whatever. While I like the render and the face for their new "mascot" when I saw more of the picture in the email advertising the program's availability I have to say someone has a fixation. I mean, the breasts on that figure are almost as big as the character's head. I'm all for full large brassiere cups, believe me, but that's just excessive. I have to wonder at the need for such exaggeration, and what it implies about the creator. Am I the only who believes there can be too much of a good thing?
Well I completed my little project from the other day. I added a number of spotlights to the picture, most of them coloured, to make sunset-like dappling on the face of my set. They worked out pretty good though I do have some issues with the colours. The computer isn't so hot with orange (and brown is the toughest colour of all to make on your own). When I started to set up my 15th spotlight I discovered that it cast no light at all. I could not get it to show anything. I turned it off and back on and nothing. It's like there was no more electricity to run another light in the scene. LOL Anyone have an idea as to what's going on?
I might have mentioned this before but I find it fairly weird applying an image as a surface to a primitive, whether it is a plane or a cube. Things don't scale properly for some reason. I had a complete image and placed it on my square but it stretched it and only showed part of it. I figured this is likely because it is applying it to all six sided and each face has only one sixth of the entire image. However, that doesn't explain why it stretches. I experimented with changing the size of the image but I got the same result on the cube no matter how big the picture was. It didn't change. I even deleted the object and tried again, re-browsing for the image file, but no change. So, I left the background out and did it in post-work. I should have it uploaded by next time I blog. Until then...